You can make a complaint about the police to the Police
Complaints Authority if you feel the police have acted in
a criticisable manner.

For instance, if you think the police

  • have spoken rudely or acted inappropriately,
  • were too rough when arresting a suspect,
  • have abused their powers.

Your complaint may concern an incident involving yourself
or an incident where you were a bystander. You may
also make a complaint on behalf of somebody else.

If you think that the police have committed an offence in
the course of their duties, you can report it to the Police
Complaints Authority.

It costs nothing to complain about or report the police.

Download complaintform.